Tuesday 17 April 2007

BibliOdyssey Anthropomorphics

BibliOdyssey is a huge blog/archive of book art. Think of it as a sort of Flickr(in blog format) for book illustrations and it is equally addictive. It is a great source of inspiration and learning.

As well as introducing some of you to BibliOdyssey, I thought I would share a cross section of my favourites but the list is so huge that I've narrowed it down to something for which I am fond: anthropomorphics, or humanised animals.

Click on the images to go to the source page for high resolution versions where available.

Jules Worms, 19th century


From the Japanese Diet Library via BibliOdyssey


JJ Grandville (Jean Ignace Isidore Gérard)

NOTE: The banner image is an edited piece from Edward Tennyson Reed that can be seen in full on this page HERE.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...