Friday 30 March 2007

GO SEE: John K's "All Kinds of Stuff"

John K. (creator of Ren & Stimpy) is among the best cartoon animators around. On discovering his blog, I read it from beginning to end. It's chock full of editorials, tutorials, and observations on cartooning as well as updates on his latest projects. Anecdotes on the industry and producers in particular make for both sweet and sour reading, but always entertaining.
"I like playing in a band because it's actually fun and no one tells you to be lousy on purpose"
His observations of cartoons and animation are eye opening and though I might not see things exactly like John, I see things differently thanks to this blog. And this "sight" applies across all arts. I can't recommend this enough.

His About Me states: "I make cartoons and play in a band. I like playing in a band because it's actually fun and no one tells you to be lousy on purpose."

If you enjoy animation, want to become an animator/artist, want to gain a new perspective on the elements that make a good animation, or if you want to share a laugh with a talented artist, you can't do much better than visiting John's "All Kinds of Stuff".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...