Monday 16 August 2010

BAE BIEN-U

Bae Bien-U's large-scale works (which I can't reproduce here) are not served well by the representation above. You can see his portfolio HERE split between the natural and artificial in higher resolution.

“The oldest picture in my memory is a crayon drawing, which was hung on the back wall of the classroom when I was in the second grade of elementary school, that showed a low tiled house crouching under a big tree on a hill, with the sea visible in the background. I seem to have lived my whole life with this image stuck in my mind. It may even have been this image that influenced my interest in such subjects as the sea, pines and rock formations”. *


Links:
Bae Bien-U
Bae Bien-U (Galerie Poller)

*Koreana, Korean Art & Culture quarterly

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...